Cancellations, returns and refunds
All customers have the right to cancel their order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.
1.1 Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
1.2 To meet the cancellation deadline, please notify us via email or phone about cancelling the order before the cancellation period has expired.
1.3 If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the order.
1.4 We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
1.5 Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the order, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days of your cancellation.
1.6 You will not have any right to cancel an order for the supply of any of the following goods:
(a) medicinal products or services that are either dispensed on prescription or are available free under an NHS arrangement.
(b) a contract for passenger transport services - such as bus, rail or flight tickets.
(c) the supply of goods or services where prices are dependent upon fluctuations in the financial markets, which are beyond the control of the retailer.
(d) the supply of goods that are made to the customer's specification or are clearly personalised.
(e) the supply of goods that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly - such as a delivery of fresh flowers or meat.
(f) the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines.
(g) the supply of accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance - for example, hotel bookings, courier services, car hire, restaurant bookings and theatre tickets for specific dates.
1.7 In addition you will lose your right to cancel if you:
(a) unseal goods that are not suitable for return if they are unsealed, due to health protection or hygiene reasons.
(b) unseal audio, video recordings or computer software that were sealed at the time of delivery.
(c) combine goods with other goods after delivery so that they become inseparable.
c) Your right of cancellation
• The rights of cancellation set out below apply to any agreement between you and us save in so far as the agreement is in respect of document scanners and all our products if the product has not been unsealed by you. If the product has been unsealed just by the box we will accept this item back by you as the customer carrying the returns cost and charge you a 10% restocking fee. If the product has been removed from the box and all leads and manuals opened we will reserve the judgement until we have received the product back to check the condition of all items and test this from our end that it has not been used, Should we judge the box, scanner and all other contents to be in too bad a condition for re-sale we will not accept the goods back and you as the customer are still liable for payment. If it has not been used and all items returned in the condition they were delivered to you we will charge you a 10% restocking fee and 10% administration charge. Should we discover the product has been used and there is not a fault we will contact you direct to discuss this matter as we are not able to accept used goods back for refunds unless there is a proven fault discovered by the manufactures certified engineers.
• You have a right to cancel the agreement at any time before the expiry of a period of 14 working days beginning with the day after the day on which you receive the goods.
• You may cancel by giving us notice in any of the following ways:
1. by a notice in writing which you leave at our address (given above);
2. By a notice in writing which you send by post to our address (given above);
3. By fax to our business fax number (given above);
4. By electronic mail to our electronic mail address (given above);
and the notice shall operate to cancel the agreement between us.
• If you cancel the agreement:
1. you must return the goods to us at the address given above;
2. the goods must be returned to us complete (please note the definition of goods given above);
3. You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us at the address given above;
4. You are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods (including reusable packaging, manuals etc) until they are returned to us;
5. You are under a duty to take reasonable care to see that they are received by us and not damaged in transit;
6. We will charge you the direct costs to us of recovering any goods supplied by us if you fail to return the goods to us.
d) Our right of cancellation
• If for reasons beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to an inability or failure on the part of the manufacturers or suppliers of the goods to supply the goods to us, we are unable to supply the goods to you, we may cancel the agreement at any time before the goods are delivered by giving notice to you. We shall promptly repay to you any sums paid by you or on your behalf under or in relation the agreement. We shall not be liable for any other loss or damage whatever arising from such cancellation.
e) Statutory rights
• your right of cancellation is in addition to your other statutory rights.
• The after sales service and guarantees and the voluntary code for the return of goods by you to us mentioned below do not affect your statutory rights.
f) Guarantees and after sales service
• we guarantee that the goods will correspond with the stated description and specification.
• We guarantee that the goods will be of satisfactory quality when delivered by our carrier.
• We operate a voluntary code which appears below for the return of goods which have failed to meet your expectations.
• Subject to you complying with the voluntary code for the return of goods we guarantee that the goods will remain of satisfactory quality in normal use for 3 months following delivery and will refund the cost of the goods or credit the cost of the goods or replace the goods in accordance with timescale for return of the goods set out in the voluntary code.
• The terms of any manufacturer’s guarantee and after sales service will be included within the documents accompanying the goods. Should there be an issue with your product we follow the manufacturer warranty guidelines. We will arrange for an engineer to look at your product and following their report we will make the decision on how to proceed with this matter. We follow a strict timescale should this matter arise and aim to have the problem resolved within 3 working days.
• We are willing to provide advice to you in accordance with the conditions below.
g) Advice given by us to you
• we are always prepared to offer advice about the goods including advice about installation, compatibility, configuration, and product upgrades.
• We know the general purpose for which you require our goods and we will take reasonable care when giving you any advice.
• Without knowing the particular application for which you require our goods and the exact specification and configuration of any existing system into which you intend to install our goods we cannot and do not warrant the suitability of any of our goods for your particular purpose.
h) Your responsibilities
• It is your responsibility to ensure compatibility of any goods offered for sale by us both with the existing components within your system and with any other goods offered for sale by us and to check the specifications, software and all other relevant information.
• It is your responsibility to ensure proper installation of our goods into your existing system.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that wherever necessary you access the manufacturer web site to download any necessary product upgrades (including drivers and manuals).
Voluntary code for the return of goods by you to us
this code only applies as between you and us if you are a consumer. This code is intended to promote good relations between you and us. The code is entirely voluntary and does not affect your statutory rights.
IMPORTANT: In individual circumstances the provisions of the voluntary code may be more or less favourable to you than your statutory rights. You are free to withdraw from the operation of the code at any time and pursue your statutory rights. If you are in any doubt about your statutory rights you may wish to consult a solicitor or your local citizen’s advice bureau.
we recognise that goods supplied by us to you may not meet your expectations. In our experience there are many reasons why that may happen. Examples of those reasons include a defect in the goods at the point of delivery to you, incompatibility with existing components within your system, poor installation or simply slower performance than you require.
We are not able to establish why the goods have failed to meet your expectations without an opportunity of inspecting and testing the goods.
In any case where the goods fail to meet your expectations we invite you to return them to us with an explanation of the problem or with most products we arrange for an engineer to attend to the product to give us a report on whether there is a fault with the machine or if it just does not perform to the capabilities you require.
In any case where we agree that the problem has arisen because of a defect in the goods at the point of delivery to you:
we will refund the cost of the goods to you if returned within 28 days of the date of delivery;
in any other case we will replace the goods or provide you with a credit for the cost of the goods.
In every case where you return goods upon the basis that there was a defect in the goods at the point of delivery to you we will inspect and test the goods.
Insofar as it may be established that there was no defect in the goods at the point of delivery to you, we reserve the right to charge you £50 as a contribution towards the cost of inspecting and testing the goods.
In any case where it is established that there was no defect in the goods at the point of delivery to you:
we will nonetheless try to assist you in resolving the problem.
Depending upon the age and condition of the goods, we may be prepared to accept the return of the goods subject to a restocking charge and refund or credit the balance of the costs of the goods.
Insofar as the age or condition of the goods is such that we are unable to accept their return, we will redeliver the goods to you. You agree to pay to us the reasonable cost of re-delivering the goods to you.